This is a patch worn by the Russian 76th Guards Airborne Division.
In 2008 the 76th Airborne Division was involved in the 2008 South Ossetia war, being deployed to South Ossetia and fought at the Battle of Tskhinvali
THE PATCH MEASURES 9cm x 6.5cm
The 76th Guards Airborne Division (76-я гвардk 7;йская десанm 0;но-шту 1088;мовая Черниk 5;овска 103; Краснl 6;знаме 085;ная дивизl 0;я) is an airborne division of the Russian Airborne Troops based in Pskov. It originally formed as the 157th Rifle Division in 1939. On 1 Mar 1943 it became the 76th Guards Rifle Division. It fought at Chernigov, Odessa, Brest, and Danzig. With 70th Army of the 2nd Belorussian Front May 1945. Soon after the war it became an airborne division, by 1946 as part of the 15th Airborne Corps.
The 76th Division originally had three regiments, the 104th, 234th, and 237th, with the 237th Guards Airborne Regiment disbanded circa 2002.
After an experimental period, the 104th Parachute Regiment of the 76th Airborne Division became the first Russian ground forces regiment that was fully composed of professional soldiers (and not of "srochniki" - the conscripted soldiers aged eighteen).
Elements of the 104th Regiment were ambushed in Chechneya in March 2000.